We'll help you get what you deserve in recognition of your service
If you are a veteran, you may be eligible for disability compensation or pension. Veterans' benefits also may be available to a veteran's dependent or surviving spouse, a child or parent of a deceased veteran, an active-duty service member, or a member of the National Guard.
At the Law Offices of James Morris, our attorneys proudly represent veterans, their widows and their children. Our goal is to put our experience and resources to work so they get benefits they deserve.
How an attorney can help you though the process
Obtaining veterans disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs can be a lengthy process. You may have to go through several appeals. Our attorneys will guide you through this process and help you explore all your options.
The types of military-service related benefits include:
- Service-related disability. Veterans disabled while on active duty are eligible. The disability may be a physical injury or psychological impairment. If your claim is approved, you will receive a certain amount of money each month (the amount depends on the severity of the injury and other factors).
- Non-service connected pension. Disabled wartime veterans who are at least 65 and have a limited income are eligible for this benefit. In some cases, you may be eligible for veterans' benefits and Social Security Disability benefits.
Some common types of conditions or disabilities that may make a veteran eligible for benefits include:
- Traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Exposure to toxins, such as Agent Orange for Vietnam veterans
- Radiation exposure
- Vision or hearing loss
At the Law Offices of James Morris, we understand that you've been through a lot in service to our country. We're here to serve you. Contact our offices at (800) 477-9044 to schedule your free case evaluation.