Let a Buffalo Car Accident Lawyer Get Justice For You
Attorney James Morris gets compensation for personal injury victims
If you’ve been injured in a crash that wasn’t your fault, put your case in the hands of a Buffalo car accident lawyer so that you can get the payout you deserve. The Law Offices of James Morris has recovered millions for personal injury victims in Buffalo and throughout western New York. Discover what an experienced Buffalo car accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
When you’re in a car crash, your accident can seem like a nightmare. In a flash, you or a loved one can be seriously injured, your vehicle badly damaged, and your entire life changed forever. Sadly, for many motorists, the hardships only get worse after an accident. Between lost wages, medical bills and the costs of ongoing trauma, the financial burden can be massive. That’s where a Buffalo car accident lawyer can make a real difference. *Attorney advertising. Past results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Insurance companies are supposed to cover these costs. That’s why you pay insurance premiums. The reality is that insurers are often looking for ways to limit their own costs instead of paying you the compensation you deserve. That’s why many insurance companies often make lowball settlement offers, delay payments or deny claims altogether.
That’s where we come in. At the Law Offices of James Morris, we have the experience and knowledge you need to stay one step ahead of the insurance companies and get the compensation you deserve. Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your accident, collect all the information needed to build a strong case and make sure your claim covers all your costs. With decades of negotiating experience, we know how to get a favorable settlement. If negotiations break down, we’re not afraid to take them to court.
What should I do after a car accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident, the first thing you should do is see if anyone has been injured and needs an ambulance. After that, you should:
- Get out of harm’s way and avoid another collision by moving your car out of the road, if it’s safe to do so.
- Call police and tell them you were in a car accident. When police arrive, tell the truth and advise the officer of the facts. Do not argue or admit fault. Before they leave, ask how you can get a copy of the police report.
- Take pictures of the crash scene from many different angles to detail all the property damage and any visible injuries. Capture images of any tire marks, traffic signals, signs, construction, road hazards and anything else that might be relevant to your crash.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver. Do not discuss the car accident or argue about fault. Even saying something as simple as “I didn’t see you” can be interpreted as admitting fault.
- Seek out any eyewitnesses. If anyone saw your car accident, see if they’ll give you their name and contact information. Written statements from witnesses can be powerful pieces of evidence.
- Write down everything that happened. While it’s still fresh in your mind, take down detailed notes about your car accident. Include when, where and how the crash occurred and anything else you can remember in the moments leading up to, during and after the collision.
- Get checked out by a doctor. While you might be able to feel the effects of a traumatic brain injury or a severe case of whiplash right after your crash, some car accident injuries have symptoms that don’t appear for days or weeks. Seek medical attention within 24 hours of your crash. You may be seriously injured and not even realize it.
- Notify your insurance company. Tell them you were in a car accident, tell the truth and provide just the facts of the accident. If the insurance adjuster asks for more information or wants you to give a recorded statement, politely decline and refer them to your attorney.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer. An experienced car accident attorney can deal with every detail related to your claim, from investigating your crash to handling settlement negotiations.
Knowing what steps to take after a car accident can be critical to building a successful claim. Not sure if you have a case? Find out during your free consultation with Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris. Move fast to protect your rights and keep your legal options open.
How much is the average settlement for a car accident?
The amount of financial compensation you receive from a personal injury claim involving a car accident will depend on the extent of your injuries, the cost of your accident-related expenses, and the specific details of your case. Your claim could be worth hundreds, thousands, or millions – it really all depends. In general, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of rehab, physical therapy, and long-term care
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services, such as housekeeping and childcare
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in certain cases only)
A good way to find out how much your car accident claim might be worth is to schedule a free consultation with Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris.
What happens if you get in an accident with an uninsured driver?
Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is mandatory in Buffalo and all of New York, so your own insurance policy should cover the cost of your damages, in most cases. With that said, car accident claims involving uninsured motorists can be extremely difficult to settle, particularly in hit-and-run accidents. Through no fault of your own, you could find yourself losing out on compensation you rightfully deserve. That’s why you need Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris in your corner to stand by your side and help you maximize the value of your claim.
Is it worth getting an attorney for a car accident?
Even though you’re a responsible driver, the unfortunate truth is you need to share the road with many irresponsible ones. You could be hit by a drunk driver at an intersection, struck from behind by a texting driver or injured in a collision when an exhausted motorist falls asleep at the wheel. In each case, there are telltale signs – such as skid marks, witness testimony and statements made at the scene of the accident. We know how to find this evidence and use that information to hold the negligent driver responsible.
In the wake of an accident, the stress of dealing with police reports, medical bills, insurance claims and other complications can be overwhelming, especially if you’re still recovering from your injuries. It might be tempting to take a lowball offer before it becomes clear just how much money you need. You may be pressed to disclose information that the insurance companies will try to use against you, or even to give them access to your confidential medical records. With a dedicated attorney dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf, you can counter their arguments, avoid their tricks and stay one step ahead of them.
At the Law Offices of James Morris, we understand what you’re going through. We’ve been fighting for injury victims and families who lost loved ones for decades. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, call our offices today to schedule your free case evaluation. We can help you get the justice you rightfully deserve.