Get a Buffalo Car Accident Lawyer For Your Lyft or Uber Accident
Injured in a taxi or rideshare crash? Attorney James Morris can help you.
When you’ve been injured in a Lyft or Uber accident and want the compensation you’re entitled to, get a Buffalo car accident lawyer to help you navigate the claims process and be your voice for justice. The Law Offices of James Morris has recovered millions for personal injury victims in Buffalo and throughout western New York. Find out how an experienced Buffalo car accident attorney can help you get maximum compensation. Contact us today for your free case evaluation. *Attorney advertising. Past results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Using your smartphone to hail a ride through Lyft and Uber is easy, but if you get injured in a rideshare accident involving a driver from one of these well-known companies, it can be difficult trying to recover full compensation for your damages. Lyft and Uber drivers are classified as independent contractors. That means the high-limit insurance policies Lyft and Uber each have may not cover the cost of an accident involving one of their drivers.
You don’t have to settle for less. Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris has the knowledge and experience to handle every aspect of your claim and get you real results. Whether it’s through a negotiated settlement or court award, our law firm will fight to get you every penny you’re due.
What do I do if I was in a Lyft or Uber accident?
If you were involved in a rideshare accident with Lyft or Uber, you must determine the status of the driver at the time of the crash to figure out who’s legally responsible for your damages. Liability could fall on the Lyft or Uber driver, the rideshare company, or maybe even a third party who contributed to or caused your crash.
The rideshare driver’s status can be:
- Off duty: Anyone who drives for Lyft or Uber is required to carry their own personal car insurance policy. If a rideshare driver is not logged into the app and is not accepting ride requests, then that driver is considered off duty and may be held legally responsible for any accidents they cause during this period of time.
- On duty: Once a Lyft or Uber driver logs into the app and is ready to accept ride requests, that driver is viewed as on duty. During this timeframe, any accidents involving the rideshare driver may be covered by a limited liability insurance policy that both Lyft and Uber each have. This policy has a bodily injury limit of $50,000 per person, a per-accident limit of $100,000, and $25,000 to cover the cost of property damage.
- On duty and has accepted a ride request: After an on-duty Lyft or Uber driver accepts a ride request, each rideshare company has a $1 million insurance policy that can be triggered to cover the cost of a serious accident involving one of their drivers. This high-value insurance policy can kick in to pay for rideshare accidents that injure passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers.
- On duty and is carrying a passenger: Any accidents that take place when the Lyft or Uber driver is transporting a paying customer may also be covered by the $1 million insurance policy mentioned above, up to and until the passenger is dropped off.
Whether you were injured in a Lyft or Uber accident as a rider, as a pedestrian, or as another driver, it’s important to understand your rights and explore your legal options.
How much is my rideshare claim worth?
If you were injured in a Lyft or Uber accident, you may be entitled to a significant recovery, including compensation for:
- All your medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services, such as housecleaning and childcare
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in certain cases only)
- Wrongful death
The exact value of your claim will depend on the extent of your injuries and the details surrounding your crash. Your case could be worth hundreds, thousands, or a lot more. Find out what your claim is worth by scheduling a free consultation with Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris. Move fast to protect your rights and keep your options open.
What do you do if you get hurt in a taxi accident?
If you’re injured in a taxi accident you should be able to pursue a claim against the taxi company to recover your damages. The same applies if you’re a pedestrian or another driver who’s injured in an accident caused by a taxi driver. Getting a car accident lawyer can help you navigate the claims process and put you in a position to recover maximum compensation.
How can a car accident lawyer help me?
Rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber are multi-billion-dollar corporations with teams of attorneys all looking out for their best interests – meaning you’re at a serious disadvantage if you try to take them on by yourself. You’re also an underdog against most taxi companies, even if they’re smaller than Lyft and Uber.
Buffalo car accident attorney James Morris can:
- Investigate your crash and compile evidence to build a strong case
- Help you get appropriate medical care
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Level the playing field with the Law Offices of James Morris. We represent personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t have to pay us anything unless we win. It’s that easy.
Let a Buffalo car accident lawyer handle your rideshare claim
Once you’ve been injured in a Lyft or Uber accident, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. You’re injured and in pain. You’re accumulating piles of medical bills and crippling debt. You can’t work. You don’t know what to do and you need help getting the payout you rightfully deserve.
Let our law firm deal with it all. Buffalo car accident lawyer James Morris can meet with you, answer your questions, discuss your legal options, and help you figure out the best way to move your claim forward so that you can get the compensation you’re entitled to. See what the Law Offices of James Morris can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.